cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA400 stuck in reboot loop

williamkorb
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new SPA400 that I've had running for about two weeks. This morning it started rebooting, and I have no indication as to why. Watching the lights on the front of it, power is on solid, ethernet is flashing periodically, all four line lights are off (only lines 1-3 are connected), and the USB light is on solid. The status light starts out off, then flashes, then comes on solid for about 10 seconds. If I point a web brower at it during the time that the status LED is lit, I can get to the web interface. Generally before I can do anything, however, the status light goes out and it reboots again.

I've tried removing power and then plugging it back in again, but that doesn't seem to make any difference. I tried configuring it to log to my syslog server, but I can't seem to get it to keep running long enough to make any configuration changes.

What are my options here? Is this a faulty unit?

Thanks,

Bill

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

icastrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
4 Replies 4

icastrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Have you tried out to factory reset the unit?

Just keep pressed the reset button for 15-20 secs until all the leds start blinking and the device boots up normally, if still fails please RMA the unit.

Thanks!

-nacho

icastrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please do also check this post:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3094550#3094550

Thanks

-nacho

williamkorb
Level 1
Level 1

OK, I'll check this out and let you know. Thanks very much for the prompt reply.

Bill

williamkorb
Level 1
Level 1

Well, after several attempts, I was able to get into the Setup->SPA9000 Interface screen and change the SPA9000 address to Discover Automatically and reboot the unit. When I did so, the infinite reboot cycle ceased, and the unit is now functioning normally.

Clearly there is a bug in the firmware in regards to this setting, as that is the only change I made (I did not have to reset to factory defaults due to quick fingers ;-).

Thanks for your help.

Bill

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: