Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS Replication is not happening

agipkcolon
Level 1
Level 1

Gents,

we have two ACS 4.2 for Windows. We moved to them from ACS SE 4.1. I restored all backups to ACS 4.2 and tried to setup replication, but it is not happening. I already checked through troubleshooting guide and seems like everything is configured properly.

In Master Server I can see record "Outbound replication cycle starting...", but it is the only record I can see in logs. At Slave Server there are no records at all. I also checked network connectivity between servers by telnetting to port 2000 - works fine. So it seems something wrong in ACS. Where can I collect additional data for troubleshooting?

Thanks a lot

4 Replies 4

agipkcolon
Level 1
Level 1

just tried to sniff traffic at master server. Can't see any packets sent to slave server. Any ideas?

Additional Info - I could make it work, but I had to remove at Master Server all SEND check-boxes in Replication Components table except Network Configuration. Replication went fine. Then I added another replication component and tested replication. it worked until I enabled Password validation settings to be sent and then it stopped working. Removing this component didn't help to run replication. I had to remove all components again, replicate database and then add all components back, except Password validation settings component.

is it bug?

Yes, it does sound like a bug. Please open a TAC case so we can track this.

Unfortunately we don't have smartnet for ACS. So I think I am unable to create a case in TAC.

What is the CISCO's approach to product's bug that can't be reported due to absence of Support Contract?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: