How to give password change access to agents?

Unanswered Question
May 3rd, 2010

Hi, I need to know if there is any way by which agent can change their login password by their own. We are using ICM 7.5.

Please advise. Or any customization by which we can change the password i.e. backend db table etc

Regards,

Hammad.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
hammad.saleem Mon, 05/03/2010 - 10:27

The idea to give access to agents is to keep their accounts secure. Currently all agents have one common password which has been set by us while account creating. Now agents are playing with other agents logins while using multiple login session via CTI Toolkit. Is there any way to restrict multiple CTI Toolkit login against one user on different workstations ??

Regards,

Hammad.

david.macias Mon, 05/03/2010 - 13:11

Sounds like a training issue more than anything, find out a couple of culprits make an example of them and your problem goes away.  Another thi

ng you could do is customize the desktop to get the login credentials from some repository based on user.

david

David, when you modify the CTIOS Toolkit Desktop you would still need to end up with the ICM password to hand up to ICM, so your code would have to reach out to this secondary server, authenticate, and return the ICM password - then you call the Login function. Was this your idea?

The OP could give each of the agents their own password. Use a password generator or some other technique, create all the passwords, change them in ICM and tell the agents. Would need to use the Bulk Edit Person tool if more than just a small number of agents.

One of the great advantages of CTIOS is you can run multiple instances with different device targets on the same machine - excellent for testing remotely.

Regards,

Geoff

david.macias Mon, 05/03/2010 - 13:41

My idea was not as advanced, as I don't like anything going into the ICM tables.  I was gong a little more old school as in when you create an agent login you also have to update this password repository.  Either way, the end result is the same.

david

Actions

This Discussion