Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE 7.1.5 integration with CUCM 6.1 fails after CUE upgrade

stavropouloss
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I really need your experience on this one.

I installed a 2821 ISR with an AIM-CUE 7.1.x. No special licenses just the defaults.

After some power interuptions CUE failed to boot. So after the RMA we  received the new one. Cisco send us the AIM-CUE but with 2.3.4 version installed. This was not compatible with CUCM 6.1(x) so I had to upgrade it to 3.x at first and then to 7.1.5. I used software download clean and sotware upgrade clean commands with English US language pack. After the last upgrade and reboot wizard started asking the usual questions. I filled-in  everything needed so CUE was configured to intergrade with CUCM . I then configured CUCM 6.1. created CTI ports, CTI Route points etc. But I have 2 problems.

1) CTI Ports on CUCM never get registered. CUCM is allready using other CTI ports for a CCX 5.1

2) After configuring CUE with an AA script, I'm not able to set the sessions (6 is the highest). It says that I do not have the appropriate licenses. I've tried 1, 2 ,3 ... 6 and only 0 is not producing this error.

Do you have any ideas if this an upgrade licences issue? If so, what do I have to do?

Thank you,

Stefanos

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Stefanos,

Yes, this is almost surely a "licensing" issue. Your previously ordered

CUE/Router would have come with the licenses pre-installed. In the latest

CUE versions (like 7.1(5)) licensing is enforced as shown below.

I would send an email to

licensing@cisco.com

if the process below does not work for you

Beginning with Cisco Unity Express 7.1, a new type of license called  CSL licensing is supported. With CSL licenses, the mailbox license count  includes both personal mailboxes and GDMs. The type of the mailbox is  determined when it is configured. Also, the call-agent is no longer  specified using licenses and can be configured either as part of  post-install process or during bootup.

Obtaining Migration Licenses

Note There  is no cost to obtain migration licenses for CSL.
Required Information

To obtain  CSL migration licenses you need to have the following information:

•The SKU  for the features that you need.

This is the information that you determined  in the "Selecting which Features You Want" section.

•The Product  ID (PID)

•The  Serial Number (SN) from the device.

Using the Migration Portal

Note You must have a CCO password to  access some of the URLs in the following procedure.

Follow these  steps to obtain a migration license for your existing Cisco Unity  Express 7.1 features:

Step 1 Go to the licensing portal at  www.cisco.com/go/license and click the link at the bottom of the page to  go to the license migration portal.

Step 2 On the router that is running  the features that you want to migrate, enter the show inventory command  to see the corresponding product IDs and serial numbers.

Step 3 Enter  the appropriate product ID and the serial number and click Continue.

The product  ID is the type of Network Module that you are using, such as AIM-CUE.

Step 4 Use  the drop-down menus to select the product family, product, and feature  (SKU), then click Continue.

For the product, use the SKU that you determined  in the previous section for the features that you want to migrate.

Enter your  registration information, including your company's name and e-mail  address, then click Continue.

Step 5 Verify all of your license information  and click Submit to receive the free CSL upgrade license file by e-mail.

Step 6  Repeat the appropriate steps above for each device that is running  features that you want to migrate.

Step 7 Copy the license file(s) to a FTP or  TFTP server.

Adding More  Mailboxes, Ports, IVR Sessions, and TimeCardView Users

When you buy  licences for additional features on Cisco Unity Express 7.1, the  licences are available only in the increments shown below. These  licenses are the same for all supported devices. See the Release Notes  for Cisco Unity Express 7.1 for a list of supported devices. The  following types of licenses are available:

•Mailboxes (available only in  increments of five)

•Ports (available only in increments of two)

•IVR  (available only in increments of two)

•TimeCardView users (available only  in increments of one)

The corresponding SKUs for these licenses are:

•FL-CUE-MBX-5

•FL-CUE-PORT-2

•FL-CUE-IVR-2

•FL-TCV-USER-1

To  determine the total quantity of licenses you need, multiply the  incremental quantity from the name of the CSL license with the explicit  quantity of increments that you want to purchase. For instance,  FL-CUE-MBX-5 represents an incremental quantity of five mailboxes. If  you select an explicit quantity of four for the FL-CUE-MBX-5 feature,  the total quantity will be five times four, or 20.

Using CLI  Commands to Install Licenses

After you obtain a license file from Cisco's  licensing portal and copy it to a FTP or TFTP server, use the following  CLI commands to install the license. Only the use of FTP is shown below.
SUMMARY  STEPS

1.  license install ftp://username:password@ip_address/path/license_file

2. reload

3. enable

4. show  license all

5.  show license in-use

6. show license status application

From  this excellent doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel7_1/Licensing/Using_CSL.html#wp1102792

Hope this  helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Stefanos,

Yes, this is almost surely a "licensing" issue. Your previously ordered

CUE/Router would have come with the licenses pre-installed. In the latest

CUE versions (like 7.1(5)) licensing is enforced as shown below.

I would send an email to

licensing@cisco.com

if the process below does not work for you

Beginning with Cisco Unity Express 7.1, a new type of license called  CSL licensing is supported. With CSL licenses, the mailbox license count  includes both personal mailboxes and GDMs. The type of the mailbox is  determined when it is configured. Also, the call-agent is no longer  specified using licenses and can be configured either as part of  post-install process or during bootup.

Obtaining Migration Licenses

Note There  is no cost to obtain migration licenses for CSL.
Required Information

To obtain  CSL migration licenses you need to have the following information:

•The SKU  for the features that you need.

This is the information that you determined  in the "Selecting which Features You Want" section.

•The Product  ID (PID)

•The  Serial Number (SN) from the device.

Using the Migration Portal

Note You must have a CCO password to  access some of the URLs in the following procedure.

Follow these  steps to obtain a migration license for your existing Cisco Unity  Express 7.1 features:

Step 1 Go to the licensing portal at  www.cisco.com/go/license and click the link at the bottom of the page to  go to the license migration portal.

Step 2 On the router that is running  the features that you want to migrate, enter the show inventory command  to see the corresponding product IDs and serial numbers.

Step 3 Enter  the appropriate product ID and the serial number and click Continue.

The product  ID is the type of Network Module that you are using, such as AIM-CUE.

Step 4 Use  the drop-down menus to select the product family, product, and feature  (SKU), then click Continue.

For the product, use the SKU that you determined  in the previous section for the features that you want to migrate.

Enter your  registration information, including your company's name and e-mail  address, then click Continue.

Step 5 Verify all of your license information  and click Submit to receive the free CSL upgrade license file by e-mail.

Step 6  Repeat the appropriate steps above for each device that is running  features that you want to migrate.

Step 7 Copy the license file(s) to a FTP or  TFTP server.

Adding More  Mailboxes, Ports, IVR Sessions, and TimeCardView Users

When you buy  licences for additional features on Cisco Unity Express 7.1, the  licences are available only in the increments shown below. These  licenses are the same for all supported devices. See the Release Notes  for Cisco Unity Express 7.1 for a list of supported devices. The  following types of licenses are available:

•Mailboxes (available only in  increments of five)

•Ports (available only in increments of two)

•IVR  (available only in increments of two)

•TimeCardView users (available only  in increments of one)

The corresponding SKUs for these licenses are:

•FL-CUE-MBX-5

•FL-CUE-PORT-2

•FL-CUE-IVR-2

•FL-TCV-USER-1

To  determine the total quantity of licenses you need, multiply the  incremental quantity from the name of the CSL license with the explicit  quantity of increments that you want to purchase. For instance,  FL-CUE-MBX-5 represents an incremental quantity of five mailboxes. If  you select an explicit quantity of four for the FL-CUE-MBX-5 feature,  the total quantity will be five times four, or 20.

Using CLI  Commands to Install Licenses

After you obtain a license file from Cisco's  licensing portal and copy it to a FTP or TFTP server, use the following  CLI commands to install the license. Only the use of FTP is shown below.
SUMMARY  STEPS

1.  license install ftp://username:password@ip_address/path/license_file

2. reload

3. enable

4. show  license all

5.  show license in-use

6. show license status application

From  this excellent doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel7_1/Licensing/Using_CSL.html#wp1102792

Hope this  helps!

Rob

Good morning,

I think that it will help a lot.

Thank you for the informations.

I will be at customer's site the day after tomorrow so I'll do that.

I will update this thread asap.

Thank you,

Stefanos

Hello,

Thanks for your help. I migrated the licenses. Everything is registering correctly.