cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7965 Stickers

thomascollins
Level 3
Level 3

We just received an order of 7965 phones.  They come with the english stickers for the front (messages, volume, headset, mute, etc).  No problem there.

But if you turn the phone over on the back there's a place for 4 stickers (MAC, S/N, and two blank ones).  But no stickers are applied there, and none in the boxes.

Should those generally come pre-applied, or are they seperate sheets?

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Thomas,

Those should definitely come pre-installed. I've never had any

model of IP Phone come without them (including 7965's).I'm not sure how

will you be able to scan the mac or s/n going forward without the stickers.

Cheers!

Rob

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If I follow, you are looking on the back of the phone and you see no white labels/stickers for MAC and S/N. These stickers are applied at the factory. If you do not have them on your phone you should contact Cisco. It could be a manufacturing mistake or your distributor/vendor may be distributing questionable product. You can work with your Cisco AM if you prefer or contact TAC.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Yeah, 100% agreement with Rob and Bill.  Bill and I have also seen some shadiness in the past from phones purchased from vendors outside of Cisco.  If your serial numbers are not attached or do not match what is in the packing slips, this is a potential problem.  It could be a manufacturing defect but I'd contact your Cisco AM and get this squared away.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Hey everyone thanks for the help.  Turns out Cisco just moved where the labels are.  It's now one single label under the footstand.  The previous four white labels are no longer applied. It wouldn't let me include the doc, but  here's the relevant text (sorry no images)...

New Product Information and Bar Code Location on Cisco Unified 7900 Series IP Phones

IPCBU recently made a change to the location of the MAC address, Serial Number, Part Number and Product Identification (PID) information from their original placement, as discreet labels on the rear under side of the chassis, to being part of the compliance label on the back above the footstand. Figures 1 and 2 show the new location of this information and bar codes on a Cisco Unified IP Phone 7962G.

The original label locations are built into the tooling. At first glance (Figure 3), it appears that somebody forgot to adhere the labels at the factory. However, there’s no problem.  Pull down the footstand to find all the label information on the compliance label as shown in Figure 2.

Good to know. +5 for taking the time to refreshing the rest of us!

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Nice. Thanks for the repost and clarification.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: