cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to establish VPN connection on rv016 router through QuickVPN

spnelson1
Level 1
Level 1

We have an RV016 router with a VPN tunnel configured for remote access called Home. I installed the QuickVPN software that came with the router and tried to establish a connection. I get an error right away stating that a connection couldn't be established and lists some probable problems. I downloaded the latest QuckVPN application and again tried to get a connection and get the same problem. When I check the wget_error file it says bad port number. I have the software configured to use Auto for the port number. I also disabled the firewall as suggested and still the same error. It's an XP client with SP3. Is there a way to tell what port the tunnel is using and maybe set that port number and maybe get a connection?

3 Replies 3

spnelson1
Level 1
Level 1

I was able to start a connection but I get the message that the server's certificate does not exist on the local computer. I did copy the pem file to the Program Files\Cisco Small Business\QuickVPN Clent directory. Is there another file it is looking for?

Ok, try to do the following:

- Go to the VPN clien Accounts and generate a new certificate, DO NOT EXPORT IT.

- On the local machine, remove the previous certificate.

- Try to connect again, you will see a warning message in regards to the certificate, hit NO and continue.

Hopefully that will get it to work.

Thanks for getting back to me. I tried what you suggested but I still have

the same error.

Scott Nelson

IT Manager

Birchland Plywood-Veneer Ltd

PO Box 430

Thessalon, ON

Canada

P0R 1L0

(705)842-2430 x238

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: