Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 4507 IOS Image

jbraswell
Level 1
Level 1

Experts,

I have a Catalyst 4507R running as the core in my network. This switch doesn't do anything special, as all routing is handled by the 6509 that this switch connects to(network under a network basically) I want to upgrade my switch to the 12.4 IOS and will have downtime this week to do so. I've never been good at figuring out which IOS to install, any ideas on which one to choose? I'm running the Supervisor II Plus engine with one GB Fiber uplink card, and two copper uplink cards, one running GB, the other 100MB. Please advise.

Thanks,

John

2 Replies 2

rtjensen4
Level 4
Level 4

Hi John,

I don't think there's a 12.4 IOS for Catalyst. According to the software download site, the newest versions are:

I thought I read somewhere that the EWA train was going to be discontinued, but I could be wrong. I'm running 12.2(53)SG1 with the same supervisor in a 4506 without any problems.

Hope to Help.
Ryan

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Experts,

I have a Catalyst 4507R running as the core in my network. This switch doesn't do anything special, as all routing is handled by the 6509 that this switch connects to(network under a network basically) I want to upgrade my switch to the 12.4 IOS and will have downtime this week to do so. I've never been good at figuring out which IOS to install, any ideas on which one to choose? I'm running the Supervisor II Plus engine with one GB Fiber uplink card, and two copper uplink cards, one running GB, the other 100MB. Please advise.

Thanks,

John

Hi John,

What i would suggest if your are not facing any problem in your network with current ios and swithces,dont upgrade to newer version as newer version can have some issue with your existing network flow of traffic.

Cat4507 dont have 12.4 series in ios,  Cat 4507 with SUP II plus 12.2(25) to 12.2(53) SG2 so you need tell us the reason for upgrading and what functionalty you want for upgrade.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card