We've got a package updater problem with a LMS3.1 installation.
1. After trying to update RME Device packages from GUI we got a message that LibCommon-v2.3.2 is needed
2. We tried to update LibCommon from CLI using psucli.bat, see below
3. We found a discussion in this forum, simular to this problem with the hint to reinstall the RME, what we did but with no improvement
4. We deinstalled, reboot, did a new installation of LMS3.1. But the problem still exists, with same message. We need the PSU, because most of our devices will be managed after device package update only.
Updating of each package brings warnings with pseudo package names, as ImageAG, MemoryAG and not with hints to real missing packages:
C:\lms\bin>psucli -p rme -install -src C:\install\lm31-updates\ LibCommon
WARNING: LibCommon(2.3.2):Consistency check failed for base package ImageAG
see also the psu.log containing all tryes of package updates
The problem goes a little bit in this direction, but with a new reinstallation as well:
What can we do?
thx for hints, Steffen
When you install LMS on Windows, there are some recommended steps to take to ensure the installation is a problem free as possible:
- Set the per-user and global TEMP and TMP environment variables to short values (e.g. C:\WINDOWS\TEMP)
- Disable all anti-virus software
- Disable Windows Data Execution Protection (DEP)
- Login to the server as a local Adminitrator
- Install from original, locally attached media
- NEVER abort the installation after the installer says not to
Based on the symptoms described here, I'm guessing at least the first item was not done. TAC has a procedure to recover a bad RME package repository, but if the base installation is problematic, doing so would be moot. If you suspect the installation isn't 100% (beyond the package repository), uninstall, then follow the above steps to reinstall.
If you think the problem is just with the RME package repository, contact TAC, and they can provide you a good, up-to-date repository to jump start things for you.