Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS3.1 psu problem - Consistency check failed for base package ...AG

STEFFEN NEUSER
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

We've got a package updater problem with a LMS3.1 installation.

1. After trying to update RME Device packages from GUI we got a message that LibCommon-v2.3.2 is needed

2. We tried to update LibCommon from CLI using psucli.bat, see below

3. We found a discussion in this forum, simular to this problem with the hint to reinstall the RME, what we did but with no improvement

4. We deinstalled, reboot, did a new installation of LMS3.1. But the problem still exists, with same message. We need the PSU, because most of our devices will be managed after device package update only.

Updating of each package brings warnings with pseudo package names, as ImageAG, MemoryAG and not with hints to real missing packages:

C:\lms\bin>psucli -p rme -install -src C:\install\lm31-updates\ LibCommon

WARNING: LibCommon(2.3.2):Consistency check failed for base package ImageAG

see also the psu.log containing all tryes of package updates

The problem goes a little bit in this direction, but with a new reinstallation as well:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/669047#669047

What can we do?

thx for hints, Steffen

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you install LMS on Windows, there are some recommended steps to take to ensure the installation is a problem free as possible:

• Set the per-user and global TEMP and TMP environment variables to short values (e.g. C:\WINDOWS\TEMP)
  • Disable all anti-virus software
  • Disable Windows Data Execution Protection (DEP)
  • Login to the server as a local Adminitrator
  • Install from original, locally attached media
  • NEVER abort the installation after the installer says not to

Based on the symptoms described here, I'm guessing at least the first item was not done.  TAC has a procedure to recover a bad RME package repository, but if the base installation is problematic, doing so would be moot.  If you suspect the installation isn't 100% (beyond the package repository), uninstall, then follow the above steps to reinstall.

If you think the problem is just with the RME package repository, contact TAC, and they can provide you a good, up-to-date repository to jump start things for you.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you install LMS on Windows, there are some recommended steps to take to ensure the installation is a problem free as possible:

• Set the per-user and global TEMP and TMP environment variables to short values (e.g. C:\WINDOWS\TEMP)
  • Disable all anti-virus software
  • Disable Windows Data Execution Protection (DEP)
  • Login to the server as a local Adminitrator
  • Install from original, locally attached media
  • NEVER abort the installation after the installer says not to

Based on the symptoms described here, I'm guessing at least the first item was not done.  TAC has a procedure to recover a bad RME package repository, but if the base installation is problematic, doing so would be moot.  If you suspect the installation isn't 100% (beyond the package repository), uninstall, then follow the above steps to reinstall.

If you think the problem is just with the RME package repository, contact TAC, and they can provide you a good, up-to-date repository to jump start things for you.

Hello Joe,

thx for  your very good answer - it was very helpful for us to have a working solution now.

The procedure from TAC is very easy:

1. delete all packages, using psucli -u -p rme -all

=> in our case there was nothing installed: psucli -q -p rme. I guess there is a timing issue in the setup program.

2. install all packages from install DVD: psucli -i -p rme -src /cids_pkgs -all

=> it tooks 48min for preinstall, 7min for stopping services, 19min for postinstall and 12min starting services, so I think if the timeout for RME-psu within  the setup is to slow for preinstall stage, no packages will be installed at a fresh LMS3 installation.

Our platform is VM, with 6Core AMD, Processor 8431, 4 GB RAM, 8GB Swap and PAE, Win2003R2,SP1

Steffen.

While those steps will work, I documented a slightly more blunt approach which takes less time.

No, packages do typically get installed just fine during a fresh install.  However, some servers do require the steps I mentioned, so I typically recommend thos to everyone installing on Windows.

Yes I know, that LMS will install in most cases without any problems. Except of the CDE hint that was new for me, we took care before installation. Next installation I will also take care for the CDE setting in windows as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: