cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting Call Manager and UC500

rushingnative
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if there is a way to connect a UC500 to a Call Manager. I know that you couldn't do a MCGP gateway with SRST, but would a H323 trunk work just for dialing extensions across the link?

Thanks,

CS

3 Replies 3

jeremy.hudgeons
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure which version of Call Manager you are connecting to but we are using 6.1 and I was able to set-up h323 gateway and SIP trunk. Both were succesfull for placing calls across the network and for sharing the PSTN access.

Although this might work, it is a configuration that is not supported by Cisco.

Thanks,

Marcos

OK, but in my expierance it does work without adversly affecting the CCA or the UC5XX. By not supported I assume that means if an issue arises with the config or with this trunk in particular support will not be available. Seems odd that a SIP trunk to Vendor X would be supported but not a SIP trunk to an Enterprise Cisco Voice product, but I understand Cisco does not want to mix the SMB and Enterprise products. Or at least I assume that. Please advise if Cisco does not Support means something more than listed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: