cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I need the option of no dual line!

SHeidemann
Level 3
Level 3

I've been thinking that there was a fix coming out to choose dual line or single line on not only the first extension button but all the buttons. I think it should be an easy fix for Cisco to come up with. Fine if you default to 2 lines but really give me the option! Sure is a lot of command line to go through just to keep call-waiting out of the mix. Is there any other way?

I need lines to roll to other extension lines so that all phones will ring if the first line is on a call. With call waiting there the only person that knows there is another call coming in for the first few rings is the person that hears the beep, mean while all the other phones that share that extension sit idle until the call-waiting times out. I need some better option for this configuration and am up for any suggestions. As far as I can tell though I need to configure everything out of  bands just so I can keep a single NOT dual line in place so that all phones will ring as soon as a new call comes in.

Stephanie

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Stephanie,

The easiest solution may be to consider using any of the hunt groups for this.   They would seem to meet your requirement specified.

For SPA5xx phones, we dont offer the option (dual or octal) since the phones wont support Octal.  79xx offers Dual or Octal for Normal button types.

I realize your asking about single, but just wanted to mention that first, since that is a change we made wrt phone model fairly recently...

When doing Shares and Overlays, remember the default behavior is what you want (huntstop channel), which effectively forces the line to act 'single'.

If a single share is on two phones, and its busy, the next call goes to the GDM.

SO if you want to simulate a hunt group, you can assigne a bunch of shares as overlays on other phones.  Then make each of the CFBL to the next, and only the last to VOice Mail GDM.  Now, while each call only handles 1 call (same huntstop channel behavior) you can do multiple simultaneous calls (so if you mapped a DID to the main Share, it will take more calls (one each).

Share more about the configuration you have where Call Waiting prevents rolling?

Steve

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Stephanie,

The easiest solution may be to consider using any of the hunt groups for this.   They would seem to meet your requirement specified.

For SPA5xx phones, we dont offer the option (dual or octal) since the phones wont support Octal.  79xx offers Dual or Octal for Normal button types.

I realize your asking about single, but just wanted to mention that first, since that is a change we made wrt phone model fairly recently...

When doing Shares and Overlays, remember the default behavior is what you want (huntstop channel), which effectively forces the line to act 'single'.

If a single share is on two phones, and its busy, the next call goes to the GDM.

SO if you want to simulate a hunt group, you can assigne a bunch of shares as overlays on other phones.  Then make each of the CFBL to the next, and only the last to VOice Mail GDM.  Now, while each call only handles 1 call (same huntstop channel behavior) you can do multiple simultaneous calls (so if you mapped a DID to the main Share, it will take more calls (one each).

Share more about the configuration you have where Call Waiting prevents rolling?

Steve

Hi thanks for the reply,

I am working with 7965 7975 so the octal line option is available, yet very unconvenient as you noted I am looking for the SINGLE line option throught CCA. Reason... effectivly my callers are listening to a ring while the line to pick up via the huntstop channel command has to wait through to bipass the call wait that effectivly is still appying to the line until it times out. This means the first ring on all phones is only a beep in the persons ear who is still on another line while all other phones still sit idle.

Plain English, my customer service companies do not want their callers waiting for the ring through so that they can then hear the ring and know that they need to pick up. First ring pick up is true customer service in this customers eyes. Therefore I need the first ring on the callers end to ring through immediatley to the uc540 phones. If a caller is calling and someone is already calling on the first extension it has to wait for the timeout of the callwait feature to make it to an audible ring out on the next extention that the call is CFNA to

It would be great if I could use the hunt group option, however I have a blasting ringer (stinger ringer) that must sound out with every extension on CFNA which means 2 ephone dns have to ring at the same time then forward to the next group which can as far as I can tell only be done through a blast group CFNAing to another blast group. If you have a remedy for hunt groups to ring multiple dn's at the same time then it would work, but since it does not I need to have single line extensions on all the dn's that are in a group so that if a call is in progress on one extension it will immidiately CFNA to the next blast group of DN's.

Each of the dn's that are CFNA'd to also need to be able to be picked up via their label of LIne 1, 2, 3, 4. So if a call on line 1 and 2 are busy/in progress and a 3rd call comes in I can page out call for ..... on line 3 bla bla bla. Pick up extensions anywhere via a simple push the button. Softkeys are very technical for most users that if the system can't give them that then it becomes wayy to complicated, go figure.

I don't think I'm so far off in the use of the functionality that I would appreciate being implemented through CCA.

Any other suggestions would still be appreciated.

Thank you

Stephanie

Well I must be wrong. Setting up single line worked immediatly after initial setup but then it seems to have quit and I'm still having the same issue. I'm figuring that due to 1 of the dn's being a stinger ringer and never really being off hook as it is just a loud ringing device. It isn't waiting for the timeout of call wait it's waiting for the timeout of the blast group. This setup 2 dns in a group to forward down through 3 other groups doesn't seem to do the job. So I'm thinking... can I set the stinger ringer (on fxs) to use the same dn's with the shared lines. So can I set button 1 2 3 and 4 on fxs the same way we do with ephones? That should make them ring and then I can use the huntgroups. No overlays in this setup as the customer wants to have a visual of all the lines so that you can pick up off hold from anywhere via a lighted button. So does that sound like it should work? I'm thinking to give it a go after hours.

Stephanie

Stephanie,

Can you email me at marchern@cisco.com?

Thanks,

Marcos

Setting the FXO device to overlayed lines of the shared lines that are in dual-line mode and putting those lines into a hunt group was my answer. Thank you for your help Steve.

Stephanie

Just back from 2 week holiday and happy to hear this worked for you!

Now on to my 1,000 unread emails :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: