Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.1 - How to see who is logged into extension mobility

Hello everyone--I'm trying to find out if there's a way to see who is logged into extension mobility and either what time they logged in or how long they've been logged in.  I've got CUCM 7.1, latest service release.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott,

This application is receiving either a syslog or SNMP trap from the CUCM when the error event is encountered. This means that you are getting a 1:1 event to alert ration UNLESS you have a situation where you management package receives both syslog and SNMP traps AND you have configured a Syslog alert level via the Alarm configurations (Serviceability, Alarms). If you configure a syslog alert in the Alarm configuration then you could get both SNMP traps and syslog messages for the same event.

Just something to keep in mind.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Off the top of my head, I'm not sure of all the info available but yes there is a way to see who is actively logged in via extension mobility. Go the CU Reporting page and there is a report to this effect. Run it and see if it meets your needs, as-is.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

The report is good for most of what I need...the other issue we're having is monitoring and getting hunt-list exhausted messages. The people at the registration area (client is a college) are supposed to log into ex. Mobility every morning. Today between 8 and 8:15 am, there were about 100 email messages from the monitoring software saying hunt-list exhausted. Is there a way to track phone calls in relation to the hunt-list? What they want to accomplish is how many calls are tied to the email alerts? Did they miss 100 calls or is that 3 emails to 1 individual phone call?

Scott Jones

Ah, this is a little more difficult to tell you without knowing how your monitoring software is configured and what it is triggering off of.  If your users use EM and do not login and they're DN's are part of a Line Group, then yes - you could generate an "exhausted" alarm off of that as if no one is logged in, the hunt fails and would get fast busy.  Now, that could mean there were 100 missed calls or it could mean that your software sends X alerts for every Y events or X alerts for every Y minutes until the issue is resolved.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

So, in your latter hypothesis it would mean that you had a huntlist with 3 "agents" and when it was exhausted you are wondering if you would see an e-mail for each "agent" not logged in? I suspect that you are receiving an e-mail for each failed call. You can test this out easily enough by creating a hunt list that has 5 associated line group members. Make sure the members are not logged in (even using unregistered stations/lines would suffice), call the hunt list, and see what is alerted with your management application.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

I suspect you are seeing each failed call as well; however, it is possible (depending on what software you are using) that the alerts is being multiplied by some condition as I noted in my previous post.

Hailey

Great. This gives me something to work with. As a side note, the

software is ipswitch's whatsup gold. Not sure if that makes a

difference. Thanks for the help all.

Scott A. Jones,

Network Engineer

IPLogic, Inc.

100 Allegheny Drive

Suite 202

Warrendale, PA 15086

www.iplogic.com

Sent from my iPhone

On May 3, 2010, at 4:45 PM, "dhailey13"

Scott,

This application is receiving either a syslog or SNMP trap from the CUCM when the error event is encountered. This means that you are getting a 1:1 event to alert ration UNLESS you have a situation where you management package receives both syslog and SNMP traps AND you have configured a Syslog alert level via the Alarm configurations (Serviceability, Alarms). If you configure a syslog alert in the Alarm configuration then you could get both SNMP traps and syslog messages for the same event.

Just something to keep in mind.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill