Verify Extension with voicemail

Answered Question
May 3rd, 2010
User Badges:
Hello,
I need to do script that can verify if the extension that receives the call has " voicemail" , if it does not have voicemail to give the option by means of a menu if it leaves message or no.
Thanks
Carlos
Correct Answer by Gabriel Saavedra about 7 years 2 months ago

Hi Carlos,

What Johnatan said is the way you should do this. In the Menu step where the caller dials the menu option for leave the voice mail you have to query the Unity DB. The database is UnityDB, the table you should query is Subscriber, so you need the XferString field (extension) of the subscriber. If the query returns 0 the person doesn't have a mailbox if the query returns 1 the person does have a mailbox in the Unity System.

Gabriel.

Correct Answer by Jonathan Schulenberg about 7 years 2 months ago

Considering that the Enhanced license does not include any subsystem that lets you work with another server (HTTP for XML or database for ODBC) the answer would be no.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
William Bell Mon, 05/03/2010 - 14:25
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

Could you possibly expand on the use case a little? Including revision numbers, PBX, and VM systems in question.

CZavala2001_2 Mon, 05/03/2010 - 14:38
User Badges:

Hello William

Thank You,

my scene is crs 4,0 (5) _Build042, CCM 4,2, and Cisco Unity 5.0.
I need to add script a menu so that it allows by means of a menu to select if it wants to leave a message in the mailbox or to transfer the operator, but script must be able to verify if the user has mailbox in " unity" or no
I hope you can help me
CArlos
Jonathan Schulenberg Mon, 05/03/2010 - 15:26
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony

There is no baked in feature for this. If you have a Premium license on CCX and full SQL 2000 installed on Unity (vs MSDE), this would be possible. You could perform an ODBC connection to Unity and search the appropriate table (sorry, I'm too lazy to look at the moment) to see if the subscriber extension entered exists.

CZavala2001_2 Mon, 05/03/2010 - 15:39
User Badges:

Yes, Jonathan.

With the version premium the data base with the SUbsystem can be consulted Database, but we have the Enhanced version and wanted to know if there is some method.
Thank You
Correct Answer
Jonathan Schulenberg Mon, 05/03/2010 - 15:41
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony

Considering that the Enhanced license does not include any subsystem that lets you work with another server (HTTP for XML or database for ODBC) the answer would be no.

Correct Answer
Gabriel Saavedra Mon, 05/03/2010 - 15:42
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Hi Carlos,

What Johnatan said is the way you should do this. In the Menu step where the caller dials the menu option for leave the voice mail you have to query the Unity DB. The database is UnityDB, the table you should query is Subscriber, so you need the XferString field (extension) of the subscriber. If the query returns 0 the person doesn't have a mailbox if the query returns 1 the person does have a mailbox in the Unity System.

Gabriel.

CZavala2001_2 Mon, 05/03/2010 - 15:50
User Badges:
Friendly. it wanted to confirm. it because I found the solution with the license premium, but when not having this license it thought that there was some other method to collect this data. Thank you very much by your answers.
Carlos

Actions

This Discussion