Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM System Version VS DVD Version

xipccguyx
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to determine how the Communications Manager System Version matches up with the Version labeled on the Installation DVD.  For example, in my CUCM I have a system Version of 6.0.1.2000-3 and I'd like to make sure I have the correct installation DVD for my current version but all I'm finding are DVDs that say "Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.0(1a)".  How does 6.0(1a) relate to a version of 6.0.1.2000-3?

I've viewed the Communcations Manager Compatibility Matrix at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr.html#wp76346 and I can see that for version 6.0(1a) there is a System Version of 6.0.1.2000-4 but I could not find any correlation to my current system version which is 6.0.1.2000-3.

The reason why I'm going through this exercise is because I'm getting ready to upgrade my system to a later release due to a bug in the current version I'm running and I'd like to make sure I have the original media on hand in the event of a worse case scenario.

Can anyone tell me how I can confirm that my media is correct in case I need to reinstall my current version or just explain to me in general how the 3 or 4 character version of the CUCM (the one that see on Installation DVDs like 6.0(1a)) relates to the 8+ character system version (the one that you see when you log into the CUCM Admin page like 6.0.1.2000-3)?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The long name is the development name. Short name is application

version name. Look thru the downloads on cisco.com an you'll pick up

on how each relates to the other. There isn't really a rhyme or

reasonto the naked eye but you'll get the info you need to match

versions.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 3, 2010, at 5:53 PM, xipccguyx

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I know it is confusing, but 6.0.1.2000-3 and .2000-4 are the same software. The .2000-4 was a rebuild of the non-bootable ISO. Since you have the bootable ISO, it would be .2000-3. In fact, I think that if you did a .2000-3 upgrade to .2000-4 that the CUCM would still report the same "long" version. See the following link for clarification:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/6_0_1/cucm-rel_note-601a.html#wp256424

Look at the first note in the section: "The 6.0.1.2000-4 build is for a non-bootable ISO. There are no software changes from 6.0.1.2000-3."

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thanks for the responses.  After the last response I felt comfortable that I had the right media to reinstall my CUCM in the event it crashed during the upgrade and was able to successfully update my system this evening to 6.1(2) or 6.1.2.1000-13 according the CUCM admin page.

As a side note, I used the DVD to upgrade to 6.1(2) and tried to monitor the status through the web page but it seemed like it kept stalling although it was really continuing to update.  To refresh, I would migrate off of the upgrade page (I'd click on Help > About for example) and then click back on the Upgrade link in the CUCM admin at which point it would tell me that an upgrade was in progress and then give me the option to Assume Control.  If I clicked that then I would go back to the Upgrade Status page and usually see new events in the log to reassure me that it was still cranking away.

Thanks again for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: