cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2621xm no ios

technobrill
Level 1
Level 1

I purchased a 2621xm from a recycler and there is no boot image so I get a rommon prompt only.  There is nothing in the flash or any other directory.  Do I need to have an ios to install or can I reconfigure the router.  I do not have any ios for any router now.

Thanks

Andrew

4 Replies 4

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

technobrill wrote:

I purchased a 2621xm from a recycler and there is no boot image so I get a rommon prompt only.  There is nothing in the flash or any other directory.  Do I need to have an ios to install or can I reconfigure the router.  I do not have any ios for any router now.

Thanks

Andrew

Andrew

If there is nothing in flash then yes you need to get hold of an IOS image and load it onto the router using xmodem.

Jon

Where would I get a download of 12.2 for a 32MB card?  I am studying for my CCNA and do not have a job or know anyone in the industry.

Hello,

I just purchased a CISCO 2621 on eBay , but I have the same problem , they have removed IOS

This ROUTER is for my own training purposes , I have 2 BIG books next to me (CCENT/CCNA ICND1 and CCNA ICND2) and I would like to practice.

So far I can read on the forum , I will need 12.x or something like that.

Where can I order this has a private customer ?

How much will it cost ?

Do you have some training versions ?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Didier.

Unless you buy a support contract there is no legal download source.

I suggest you join in study groups and collaborate among yourselves.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card