Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ace 4710 can I capture packets on a Load Balancer

We have just implemented JD Edwards we have three servers front ended by ACE4710,most things are good, but I there are some reports(.CSV)generated by the system that cannot be viewed  when going through the load balancer, but ok if going directly to the server. I have logged on as a user that is getting the problem, and it is ok for me! So it looks as if it could be a PC problem, but other people think it must be the LB. is there anything like Tethereal available within the ACE that I could use to capture packets.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ciscocsoc
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

There isn't a tethereal built-in to the ACE, but you can capture packets.

You need to create an ACL to identify the interesting traffic and then use the capture command. This is documented in the command reference guide.

When you stop the capture copy the file from flash to disk0: ('copy capture disk0:') The copying converts the capture into a pcap format file readable with any sniffer tool like wireshark. You'll need to download the file from disk0: to a workstation to be able to run wireshark against it.

HTH

Kind Regards

Cathy

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ciscocsoc
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

There isn't a tethereal built-in to the ACE, but you can capture packets.

You need to create an ACL to identify the interesting traffic and then use the capture command. This is documented in the command reference guide.

When you stop the capture copy the file from flash to disk0: ('copy capture disk0:') The copying converts the capture into a pcap format file readable with any sniffer tool like wireshark. You'll need to download the file from disk0: to a workstation to be able to run wireshark against it.

HTH

Kind Regards

Cathy

Cathy

thanks for  your response, I found the capture command after I posted the question!

and all works well

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: