cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI light on analog handset using FSK

voiceisip
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2851 with EVM-HD-8FXS/DID (ports 2/0/0 - 2/0/7) that also has 2 EM-HDA-8FXS (ports 2/0/8 - 2/0/23).

c2800nm-spservicesk9-mz.124-24.T2.bin

CM version 4.3.2SR2

The ports are in STCAPP mode.

The issue is when the analog phone is pluged into 2/0/0 - 2/0/7 the MWI light does turn on.

When i plug it into 2/0/8 - 2/0/23 I only get stutter tone rather than the MWI light.

Has anybody ran into an issue with the EM-HDA causing this problem?

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should try a different image, or hand the problem to cisco TAC.

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I havent heard of this one before, sounds odd. Could you please attach a show run from the gateway?

--

Harmit.

sh run atttached...

Hi,

Thanks for the output. Based on my research, there is no known defect at this time for the issue you are facing. There is currently a tac case open for the same issue and has been sent to the DEs. Ideally you should open a case (if you havent already done so) for this as well to get a timely resolution as it appears to be a defect at this point.

--

Harmit.

This is a bit strange, TAC identifies a problem then sends it to DE without opening a bug with all relevant info and findings ?

It didn't worked like that when I worked at Cisco.

Ok maybe I didnt put it in so many words before It's been sent to the DE alias.Still waiting a response from them AFAIK. So nothing's really changed in terms of process for Cisco

Thank you for confirming.

In my experience, the best way to obtain DE support, and guarantee Customer Advocacy, is to file a formal defect.

No sweat. I agree, but i dont own the case so cant drive that

All,

FYI - TAC case number is 614272147 in case someone wants to track what is going on regarding this issue. It is currently being looked at by DEs. The issue is prevelant ONLY when using EVM-HD-8FXS/DID populated with two daughter board EM-HDA-8FXS cards. However, it works fine when using EM3-HDA-8FXS/DID populated with two daughter board cards.

HTH.

--

Harmit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: