cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

chassis model in inventory report (lms 3.2)

ROMAN TOMASEK
Level 1
Level 1

Is possible to get the chassis model for routers 800 series?? The customer wants to find the correct device type in his network. For example he wants to know that there are CISCO871-K9, CISCO876-G-K9 and so on, but the chassis model is na, and device type is Cisco 871 Integrated Services Router, Cisco 876 Integrated Services Router, and so on. From SNMP walk I can get the correct type: entityMIB.entityMIBObjects.entityPhysical.entPhysicalTable.entPhysicalEntry.entPhysicalModelName.1 : OCTET STRING- (ascii): CISCO871-K9

Thank you

Roman

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The 800 series routers are instrumented using the ENTITY-MIB, so the entPhysicalModelName should be extracted for the chassis.  If this is not happening, there maybe a problem with the device's ENTITY-MIB support.  What version of IOS are these devices running?

ROMAN TOMASEK
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Marcus,

I tried snmpwalk from the device center and it is working for the entPhysicalModelName OID. For example: entPhysicalModelName.1 : OCTET STRING- (ascii): CISCO871-K9
IOS version is C870-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M, Version 12.4(24)T1

I think that there is problem with LMS:-(

Just because this one object is correct doesn't mean all of the ENTITY-MIB mappings are.  Run a new inventory collection for the device,

then, if the model name is still not present, post the IC_Server.log.

ROMAN TOMASEK
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Marcus,

I'm sending you the IC_Server.log file.

R.

This log is from November 2009.  This is the latest IC_Server.log from this server?

ROMAN TOMASEK
Level 1
Level 1

I'm sorry Marcus. It is my mistake. I'm sending you the new log form 4th May 2010.

Roman

There is an error syncing the inventory using the ENTITY-MIB, and RME falls back to the OLD-CISCO-CHASSIS-MIB.  This would explain why you're n

ot seeing the chassis model details in RME.  Unfortunately, the log doesn't indicate why.  I don't see any known bugs on this, and no one has yet reported the problem.  I recommend you open a TAC service request for thisso further analysis can be done.