Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC4402 - No keyboard input via console

ERIK BOSMANS
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I try to configure a WLC4402 new out of the box. If I make a console connection for initial configuration I see the boot sequence in my terminal software but I am not able to send keyboard commands. the session does not accept keyboard input. I tried to do this with different PC's, different serial ports and different cables, including the supplied console cable. I have been testing with other devices (cisco router on console cable) and with these devices everything works fine. Only the WLC4402 gives me trouble. Any advice? Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

Make sure that flow control is disabled on your terminal emulation program.  Having flow control enabled will cause the exact issue you are describing.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

Make sure that flow control is disabled on your terminal emulation program.  Having flow control enabled will cause the exact issue you are describing.

That is the solution. Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: