Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacing ACNS device with another model

gnijs
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I am looking for some help or instructions to get me going on replacing an ACNS WAE-612 with a WAE-674 model.

The device is registered in the CDM manager.

I want to remove the old device, put in the new device with the same IP & DNS address and keep the COMPLETE configuration.

how do i do that ?

1) do i have to de-register the device from CDM before replacing ?

2) Won't the CDM detect that the device came back with a new "id" and refuse to push the 'old' config to the new device ?

any help apppreciated,

regards,

Geert

2 Replies 2

Pablo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Geert,

Basically to make the process as clear as clear you need to deregister the device from both sides.

First go to the CDM and delete the device, make sure it does not show up in the device list.

Then go to the old WAE and run the following command:

WAE-612#cms deregister force

This will delete old the cms information on the WAE and also forces the CDM to clear up the device from the CMS database.

Next go to the new WAE configure the IP and domain-names, you can even use the same hostname the old WAE had, make sure you can ping the CDM and configure the cdm ip and do cms enable

WAE-674(config)#cdm ip X.X.X.X

WAE-674(config)#cms enable

Go to the CDM and you'll see the device as "inactive", go activate the device and then you can either manually copy the configuration from the old WAE or if you have a device-group using a defined configuration simply add the device and the CDM should replicate the config.

Hope this helps.

__ __

Pablo

Cisco TAC

Thank you for your reply.

Are you sure this will be enough ? The CE to be replaced is the root CE of several programs and channels. If i remove the CE from the CDM,

i guess it will be removed as root CE of all channels (inclusive: it being the root, it doing the replication settings, replication schema's etc..)

When i import the new CE,i can put the old configuration on it, surely, but not everything is kept in the local config file. If i re-register the device

with CDM (after deleting it....), i guess i will have to check each and every program/channel again and re-select it as "root"ce....

regards,

Geert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: