cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VLANing with SFE1000p

shawny
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone.  Thank you all for the help with my last post.  I have another wonderful problem that I've been trying to figure out myself for the last few days that I could really use some help with.  It turns out, that I have no idea how to set up the SFE and RVS with two seperate VLANs.  I'm pretty sure I could do it with command line, but the Web GUI just doesn't work for me. :(  Anyway,  below is a diagram of what I'm trying to do.  VLAN 100 seems to be fine.  I can reach the internet and everything else on the LAN.  My problem is VLAN 150.  I want that to be completely seperate from VLAN 100.  The 2 phones and the laptop should see each other and the Internet, but not anything in VLAN 100.  Right now when I'm on ports 5 - 8 I cannot even see the Router @ 192.168.10.100.  I have tried a lot of different combinations.  I am hoping that someone can help me, or at least point me to some useful info as to what I'm doing wrong.

Many Thanks!

~Shawn

RVS4000

VLAN 100 - 192.168.0.5

DHCP Enabled

VLAN 150 - 192.168.10.100

DHCP Enabled

LAN - Access Point connects to port 1 ; SFE1000p G1 connects to port 2

Port 1 - default settings

Port 2 - default settings

Port 3 - Tagged with VLAN 150

SFE100p

Port 5 - 8 - excluded from VLAN 100 ; Tagged with VLAN 150 ; G1 & G2 - set as trunks

Drawing1.jpg

4 Replies 4

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

i'll unicast to you.  check the private email address that you use and contact me.

Thank you Dave!  You have saved me a lot of frustration.   Everything is working fine now!

~Shawn

l.crowder
Level 1
Level 1

Can I possibly get the solution to this problem?  I have 3 SFE1000P I'm trying to get configured for 3 locations.  I'm not having any consistent success so I'm trying to simplify my configurations methods.

Thanks

Hi l.crowder,  I can try to help out if you still need it.  I will have to go home and see what was done.  I found the set up it to be counter-intuitive IMHO.  I'll look and get back to you.  (Apologies for the late reply)

~Shawn

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X