cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

long delay between AA and call transfer to the extension

wayne.fong
Level 1
Level 1

My set up has AA handle all calls originating from PSTN. If the caller press "0", it will forward to hunt group. All set up is working but there is a 10sec delay after user press "0" and the response prompt "your call has been transferred". Is there any setting to change to get the immediate transfer?

I have attached SPA9000 config file. Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Regards,

Wayne

7 Replies 7

wayne.fong
Level 1
Level 1

I found the fix. I just change the AA dial plan from (10x|xxx.) to (10x|0) and it transfer immediately.

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi wayne,

lets look at the AA daytime script expanded out,

I can see from that script that the AA scipt will be using dp1  (dialplan 1) for acceptable input digits (<:10>x|xxx.)

why not try sometimg like    (<:10>x|1|0|xxx.)  I am wondering if your system is waiting the ten seconds as mentioned  by the noinput timeout.

I think it probably needs a '1'  and '0' in the AA dialplan 1.

I am wondering why you set the DayTime autoanswer delay to 12 seconds ..anyway..  lets see what happens.

Hunt group -- hmm interesting

206:name="Support",204,205,hunt=al;14;1,cfwd=vm2206  Is this right, you have a huntgroup called 206 with extensions 204,205 in that hunt group.

I must admit I am used  to seeing  hunt group 200 with members 100,101,102   and with VM going to one of those members, otherwise someone has to monitor the mailbox 206.  If the wizard produced it, i will not complain if it did as the wizard is technically  better than me  at configuring the SPA9000 :)

There is also a syslog debug you can look at, it's a bit cryptic but you get the hang of it after a while.  It could show you what is happening realtime.

Check out the following post;  https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-3032

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. I tired to achieve incoming call routed to hunt group and then if no one pick up it will routed to general mailbox. I configure another extension with the hunt group mailbox id 206 which is configure to one of the extra extension in 504G who will taking care of all support calls voice message. Since I am newbie my configs will be mess for you :). I will change the extension like you said before it goes to production.

Daytime auto answer get 12 second delay because I cannot set auto answer directly now not to interfere with existing Nortel analog system. Once everything is ready and Nortel system is removed, I will set auto answer directly.

Bty how can I do for the scenario like if the caller does not input any key then it will forward to the hungroup?

Hi wayne,

Here is the daytime AA now;

what about trying and see if it works for you;

(prompt 6 might be transferring to operator)

Got to admit the SPA9000 Admin guide has a extensive section of scripting Autoattendant.

regards Dave

Thanks Dave.

With your aa script it only forward to attendant x205 if the user enter wrong input. I just want to do like some office doing if the user does not key in anything it will go to the attendant. Something like "press 0 for assistant or stay on the line". If the caller press either 0 or do nothing and stay on the line will transfer to attendent extension 205.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,

Wayne

Hi wayne,

When you have some time play with something like this.  Do this in conjunction with looking at the syslog output.

hunt group    200:name="sales",110,100,111|300:name="tac",100,110|400:name="operator",110,100

dp1=(1x.|200|300|<0:200>|<1:300>|<2:400>)

If they press 0 it goes to huntgroup 200

transferred to operator at extension 100, but you can adjust the timeout :-)

Thanks a lot Dave.

Cheers!

Wayne

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: