Views
Helpful
Replies

DCR issues in LMS 3.2

Raymond Tjiu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have been having issues with the DCR server on this build.

This is the same message that was posted in this forum in the past:

Error in communicating with DCR Server.

I have applied the patch: http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cw2000-cd-one

cwcs-win-CSCsu84143-01.zip

The error still persists following the patch.

Entry from DCRServer.log:

CsClasspathResource: Cannot fine property file com/cisco/nm/cmf/dbservice2/DBServer.properties

Entry from DCR.log:

[ Tue May 04 11:54:47 NDT 2010 ] [main] FATAL com.cisco.nm.dcr.StartDCRServers - [Creating DCR tables in database] Exception occuredInvalid database property file. Database name or password are missing for DSN 'cmf'.
com.cisco.nm.cmf.dbservice2.DBException: Invalid database property file. Database name or password are missing for DSN 'cmf'.
    at com.cisco.nm.cmf.dbservice2.DBConnection.<init>(DBConnection.java:205)
    at com.cisco.nm.cmf.dbservice2.DBConnection.<init>(DBConnection.java:107)
    at com.cisco.nm.cmf.dbservice2.DBUtil.getDBConnection(DBUtil.java:29)
    at com.cisco.nm.cmf.dbservice2.DBUtil.doTablesExist(DBUtil.java:72)
    at com.cisco.nm.cmf.dbservice2.DBUtil.executeSqlStmt(DBUtil.java:470)
    at com.cisco.nm.dcr.StartDCRServers.start(StartDCRServers.java:91)
    at com.cisco.nm.dcr.StartDCRServers.main(StartDCRServers.java:45

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you have a good backup of LMS, I recommend you restore it.  If not, you will need to uninstall and reinstall all of LMS as something has gone seriously wrong in your installation.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This isn't good.  Verify that NMSROOT/ib/classpath/com/cisco/nm/cmf/dbservice2/DBServer.properties exists and casusers has full control of it.  If the file does exist, post it here.

Good morning,

The DBServer.properties file does not exist in that directory.

Thanks,

Raymond

If you have a good backup of LMS, I recommend you restore it.  If not, you will need to uninstall and reinstall all of LMS as something has gone seriously wrong in your installation.

Hi,

I have tried reinstalling Ciscoworks a couple of times now, and the dbserver.properties file is still missing from NMSROOT/ib/classpath/com/cisco/nm/cmf/dbservice2 path. There is a copy of dbserver.properties in the /orig subdirectory on that same path with a copy of the file , but dated from 2003.

Could there be a problem with the installation package?

It is LMS 3.2, installing on a virt Windows Server 2008/ESX platform.

Thanks,

R

See the tips at https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9132.  Follow those steps to make sure you have a successful Windows installation.

Hi,

I've ensured that all of the path and security changes were in place and the same problem persists.

I've attached the installation log from the latest attempt, there were a couple of errors logged during the CMF configuration:

Thanks,

R

-----CMF configuration protocol
Can't locate  PkgProp.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /admin  C:\PROGRA~2\CSCOpx\/conf/cmf/bin C:\PROGRA~2\CSCOpx\/lib/perl/install  C:\PROG
RA~2\CSCOpx\objects\perl5\lib C:/Program Files  (x86)/CSCOpx/lib C:\PROGRA~2\CSCOpx\objects\perl5\site\lib .  C:/PROGRA~2/CSCOpx/conf/
cmf/bin) at  C:\PROGRA~2\CSCOpx\conf\cmf\bin\CMFEnable.pl line 37.
BEGIN  failed--compilation aborted at  C:\PROGRA~2\CSCOpx\conf\cmf\bin\CMFEnable.pl line 37.

It looks like there was an issue tied to the server.

I was able to request another server to perform ths installation and the installation was successful and the dbserver.properties was created.

Thanks for the help.

R

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: