Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with Fast Ethernet Hight-Speed WIC

elias.manchon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello folks,

I have a 2821 cisco router with two Gigabyte ethernet interfaces. I have adquired a 2-Port Fast Ethernet Hight-Speed WIC for Cisco Integrated Services Routers. I have followed the instructions to install this slot, I have choosed the 0 slot, I have tested it in other slot and I get the same result. When I power up the router, the all port leds is in green and when I issue the command "Show ip interface brief", I don't see the Fast Ethernet Interface in the interface list.

Is possible that the WIC is damaged or broken?

Could somebody help me, please?

Thanks in advance!!.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I have been recently checking the image requirement for this module and it seems the module requires 12.4(15T) as minimum version.I have also seen it wokring properly on 12.4(20)T.

Regards,

Bhavesh

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Elias

What IOS are you running ?

Jon

Hi Jon,

This is the system image file: c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-9.T7.bin

Thanks by your response!!

Hi,

I have been recently checking the image requirement for this module and it seems the module requires 12.4(15T) as minimum version.I have also seen it wokring properly on 12.4(20)T.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Bufff!!

Now I have a great problem because I haven't support contract.

Thanks

Do not try to do professional networking alone, engage a reputable consultant or cisco partner, and they will solve all your problems easily.

Hi Bebilacqua,

Not is sufficient with an ccna, ccnp in my enterprise?.

Greetings!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card