cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection: Possible to Bulk Edit Users Send Message Setting to Dial By Extension?

graham.fleming
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm running Unity Connection 7.1.3 and we have 100 users that have their send message settings set to find users by dialing First Name, Last Name. We want to change it so that they dial by extension to send messages. I've looked in the bulk edit tool and this option is not found anywhere.

Does anyone know how to bulk change this one option?

Thanks!

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Looking on my 7.1(3) and 8.0 installs, Bulk Edit does provide this (these versions have very different bulk edit implementations but it's there in both).

on 7.1(3) it's on the "Conversation" tab under the "Message Send" section - it's labeled "Address Messages to Other Users By..." and it's a drop down list that includes extension as an option.

View solution in original post

Actually, I think you can do this with Bulk Edit.  Unless I don't follow the request.

Launch Bulk Edit and select your subscribers.

Then, go to Conversations.  Then select "Message Send".

See the screenshot below.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Sorry man, looked right past it. Glad others pick up the slack!

Sent from my iPhone

On May 4, 2010, at 4:43 PM, wjbell-ncn

5 Replies 5

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Don’t believe you can do this via Bulk Edit (or Bulk Update) but you would want to look on CCO for the BAT Administration guide for CUC 7x and it will provide the BAT file format. The only way I can see you doing this in bulk (without removing/re-adding) is via Bulk Update and updating the Subscriber records (if this field is even available).

My gut tells me that the answer is likely no.

Hailey

Actually, I think you can do this with Bulk Edit.  Unless I don't follow the request.

Launch Bulk Edit and select your subscribers.

Then, go to Conversations.  Then select "Message Send".

See the screenshot below.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Sorry man, looked right past it. Glad others pick up the slack!

Sent from my iPhone

On May 4, 2010, at 4:43 PM, wjbell-ncn

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Looking on my 7.1(3) and 8.0 installs, Bulk Edit does provide this (these versions have very different bulk edit implementations but it's there in both).

on 7.1(3) it's on the "Conversation" tab under the "Message Send" section - it's labeled "Address Messages to Other Users By..." and it's a drop down list that includes extension as an option.

graham.fleming
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for all the replies! This is really odd, on my system that setting only offered "First name",  "Last Name" or "ID" as the three options and the phrasing of the option seemed a bit different. But in effect, setting it to "ID" does change it to "By Extension" in each user's settings window.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: