cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What's the meaning of Forward No Coverage at Call Forward and Call Pickup Settings

hi All,

Please, I have a CUCM and I need to understand the meaning of the follow configuratio at the line:

Forward No Coverage Internal  
Forward No Coverage External   
Forward on CTI Failure   

Could you explain to me by a easy way?????

How can I do a test?

Thanks a lot

Elvis Marques www.avvid.net
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Actually the no coverage is not only for DNs in line groups. The way no coverage works is that you set a CF setting on any phone (doesn't need to be in a line group), and you send them to a hunt pilot. ie CFB to a hunt pilot

In the hunt pilot for the Forward Hunt No Answer/Forward Hunt Busy you choose:

Use Personal Preferences—Use this check box to enable the Call Forward No Coverage (CFNC) settings for the original called number that forwarded the call to this hunt pilot.

So, after it rings your phone, rings thru all the hunt pilot/hunt list/line group members, it goes back to the phone that routed the call to that hunt pilot, looks at the no coverage setting and does as instructed. Send it to VM, another hunt pilot, your mobile, etc.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Forward No Coverage is a setting for DN's that are included in Line Groups.

Forward on CTI failure is for CTI-based DN's.

On the configuration page, choose Help > This Page and you'll get a definition for each.

Hailey

Actually the no coverage is not only for DNs in line groups. The way no coverage works is that you set a CF setting on any phone (doesn't need to be in a line group), and you send them to a hunt pilot. ie CFB to a hunt pilot

In the hunt pilot for the Forward Hunt No Answer/Forward Hunt Busy you choose:

Use Personal Preferences—Use this check box to enable the Call Forward No Coverage (CFNC) settings for the original called number that forwarded the call to this hunt pilot.

So, after it rings your phone, rings thru all the hunt pilot/hunt list/line group members, it goes back to the phone that routed the call to that hunt pilot, looks at the no coverage setting and does as instructed. Send it to VM, another hunt pilot, your mobile, etc.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate