cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Timers on Call Manager

rohanpatel
Level 1
Level 1

I have CCM 7.1.3. In my route group group I have to I have 2 SIP Trunks. Where in Call Manager I can set up a timer where in if my 1st trunk is not available, Call Manager should fall back to my backup trunk. I know CCM wait for about 7 to 10 invites (not sure). Is there a way to change this parameter.

Please advise.

1 Reply 1

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

There is a Swervice Parameter on CUCM:

Go to CallManager Administration > System > Service Parameters > Publisher > Cisco CallManager >

Clusterwide Parameters (Device - SIP) > Retry Count for SIP Invite   The default value here is 6.

This parameter defaults to 6, which causes a delay of about 1 minute if the TCP connection can not be setup.

If you are using TCP the retry count can be changed to 1 or 2, this will cause the call to fallback to the next route within 5 sec.

CUCM will send an INVITE to the first SIP Trunk in the Route Group (depending on the algorithm you use) and if it does not get a

proper reply back it will try the second one in the list. If it does not get a 200 OK (After 100 Trying and 180 Ringing) it will

try the next SIP Trunk in the list.

HTH,

Teresa.

If you find this post helpful, please rate!

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: