cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

pbr and track interface

p.diaz
Level 1
Level 1

HI. I need to do a PBR traking an interface. When that interface goes down ( or the conectivity to the next hop is not reachable for example for some problem in the transmission) the PBR will not be applied. the restrictions are the following:

IOS have the following restrictions:

Traking is only permited to an interface ( if the remote ip is not reachable and the interface is up, the tracking state is erroneosly bad)

no tracking to IP sla is permited

Can somebody tell me another ideas to to this?

thanks

2 Replies 2

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

HI. I need to do a PBR traking an interface. When that interface goes down ( or the conectivity to the next hop is not reachable for example for some problem in the transmission) the PBR will not be applied. the restrictions are the following:

IOS have the following restrictions:

Traking is only permited to an interface ( if the remote ip is not reachable and the interface is up, the tracking state is erroneosly bad)

no tracking to IP sla is permited

Can somebody tell me another ideas to to this?

thanks

Hi,

I dont understand what is the exact requirement, as you want if the connected interface goes down then router to take decision,If yes what is teh problem in having tracking for ip address in SLA.Just check out the below link on PBR with Multiple tracking option hope that helps.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk364/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080211f5c.shtml

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

If helpful do rate the post

Look into EEM:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/netmgmt/configuration/guide/nm_eem_policy_cli_ps6441_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html#wp1065631

You can script a series of steps to happen when an event occurs. You can take the policy off of the interface when it goes down, and then you can reapply the policy when the interface comes back up.

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card