Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

spa942 conference bridge

Dear All,

Are there any "special" settings that should be enabled on SPA942 to enable conference bridge?

As I understand it allows users to make conference between phones without need to support it by external SIP provider.

Now we get situatuation in which call is dropped sfter we try to add third party to conference.

Br,

Lukasz

6 Replies 6

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

What are the steps that you are doing to enable 3 way conference call?

For example, it should work by doing the following

1.  Call is connected to the spa phone.

2.  Softkey showing 'conf' for conferencing is shown on the LCD screen.

3.  Push the 'conf' key and it prompts for phone number to dial.

4.  Enter the number and then hit the softkey 'dial'.

5.  The two parties are connected.

6.  Then push the 'conf' key again and all three phones should be joined.

If this isn't working, enclose a trace which should pinpoint why the call is failing.

Hi,

This is exactly what customer is doing.

Please find trace attached.

If you need anything else just let me know.

Phones are SPA942 and SPA922, software 6.1.5(a)

The first part of connection is fine, after we press conf key for the first time the person that was connected initially  hears music, after this caller dials number to third party, they can hear each other and presses conf button again, after this (here is an update from customer) callers connect to PBX, and hear prompt from it(the connection is not dropped as said in the initial post). 

How can we force phones to use internal conference bridge? I suppose that problem may somehow  be related to PBX taking part in conference.

Br,

Lukasz

In your trace, I see the initial call at No 6, showing Invite.

Then the hold to the initial Invite starts at No 518 (conference key used), and the other Invite to the 2nd phone at No 527.

But there's no Invite to get the initial call back off the hold to get the 3 way conference going.

Enclosed is my log file showing how after a hold and the invite to the 2nd phone, the 3 way call is begun after sending back an invite to the phone that is on hold.

Hi,

Thank you for explanation. Do you know what could be reason for not sending invite to the third phone?

Best Regards,

Lukasz

Hi,

Can any one help in this case, what can be reason for not sending the third invite to the phone that is on hold?

Is this something we can change in configuration or something that SIP PBX is forcing on the phone?

Thanks,

Lukasz

You'll want to capture a log file from the spa phone that is doing the conferencing to see if it's sending the Invite.

Please follow the instructions at

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9862

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: