cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.x - permissions to manage profiles

hypnotoad
Level 3
Level 3

What are the minimum admin permissions needed to allow someone to manage extension mobility? The 'PhoneAdministrator' group doesn't quite get me there. I need this person to be able to create device profiles, create DNs, and associate them with end users.

Thanks,

Patrick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Patrick,

I had to mock this up in my lab to get an answer for you. The Roles you need to add:

1. Phone Services Subscribe. This is needed if you want to add the EM phone service to Devices and Device Profiles

2. User Web Page. This is needed if you want to edit users so you can assign Device Profiles, phone extensions, etc.

3. Service URL Page. (optional) This is handy if you want to create a Service URL button on the station (i.e. pointing to the EM service)

To get these roles, you can go to User Manager..Roles. Copy the Standard CCM Phone Management role to a new role with a nifty name. Add the above roles (Read + Update) and save. Then you can go to User Manager..Groups. Copy the "Standard CCM Phone Administration" group to a new group with a nifty name. Edit the role assignment. Remove the "Standard CCM Phone Management" role and add your new "nifty role". Save. Assign to target user. Test.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Patrick,

I had to mock this up in my lab to get an answer for you. The Roles you need to add:

1. Phone Services Subscribe. This is needed if you want to add the EM phone service to Devices and Device Profiles

2. User Web Page. This is needed if you want to edit users so you can assign Device Profiles, phone extensions, etc.

3. Service URL Page. (optional) This is handy if you want to create a Service URL button on the station (i.e. pointing to the EM service)

To get these roles, you can go to User Manager..Roles. Copy the Standard CCM Phone Management role to a new role with a nifty name. Add the above roles (Read + Update) and save. Then you can go to User Manager..Groups. Copy the "Standard CCM Phone Administration" group to a new group with a nifty name. Edit the role assignment. Remove the "Standard CCM Phone Management" role and add your new "nifty role". Save. Assign to target user. Test.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thanks Bill. This is exactly what I needed. I haven't tested it yet but I'm sure I'll be able to work through it.

Regards,

Patrick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: