cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7914 expansion module issues with 7965G

rhuskins
Level 1
Level 1

I can not get my 7914 to show any numbers.  I am using 7965G phones with 7914 expansion modules.  I am using ccm 4.1, I have the SCCP firmware SP00105000300 (cmterm7914-sccp.5-0-3.exe) loaded on both pub/sub. The phones are using SCCP45.8-4-1SR2S.  The phone reconizes the module, (I can change the contrast via 7965G),  But none of my speed dials show up on the expansion module.  Let me know what you think. Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

If I recall correctly, you need to do a few things - I think the 3rd option may be what you've missed.

1) Get the firmware fixed up and devices connected (sounds like you're OK  here)

2) On the 7965 config page, set  Module 1 to the 7914 (not some other 79xx module)

3) In device/device settings/phone button template, copy the Standard 7965 template. Assign each line to the feature you want (e.g. first two lines, then 18 speed dials for example). Save this, then return to the phone config and assign the new phone button template.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

If I recall correctly, you need to do a few things - I think the 3rd option may be what you've missed.

1) Get the firmware fixed up and devices connected (sounds like you're OK  here)

2) On the 7965 config page, set  Module 1 to the 7914 (not some other 79xx module)

3) In device/device settings/phone button template, copy the Standard 7965 template. Assign each line to the feature you want (e.g. first two lines, then 18 speed dials for example). Save this, then return to the phone config and assign the new phone button template.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

The fix was creating the button template.  Thanks for the quick reply

Good stuff.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: