SNMP Traps

Answered Question
May 5th, 2010

I apologise in advance for my stupidity.We have What's up Gold running on a windows server, and I am trying to get SNMP traps sent to it. I have enabled snmp on a switch and set the string to RW. I have also done the following 'snmp-server host 192.168.106.108 (the windows server) version 2c WORD snmp' but nothing is being sent to the What's up gold device. IOS ver is 12.2(25) on a 3750G, any help would be greatly appreciated (I will doubtless have done something stupid )

Correct Answer by Ganesh Hariharan about 6 years 10 months ago

I apologise in advance for my stupidity.We have What's up Gold running on a windows server, and I am trying to get SNMP traps sent to it. I have enabled snmp on a switch and set the string to RW. I have also done the following 'snmp-server host 192.168.106.108 (the windows server) version 2c WORD snmp' but nothing is being sent to the What's up gold device. IOS ver is 12.2(25) on a 3750G, any help would be greatly appreciated (I will doubtless have done something stupid

)

Hi Alex,

Has the devices been discoverd by whatch gold,If yes then try configure snmp-server enable traps snmp in switch and then see are you getting traps or not.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

If helpful do rate the post

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Ganesh Hariharan Wed, 05/05/2010 - 01:50

I apologise in advance for my stupidity.We have What's up Gold running on a windows server, and I am trying to get SNMP traps sent to it. I have enabled snmp on a switch and set the string to RW. I have also done the following 'snmp-server host 192.168.106.108 (the windows server) version 2c WORD snmp' but nothing is being sent to the What's up gold device. IOS ver is 12.2(25) on a 3750G, any help would be greatly appreciated (I will doubtless have done something stupid

)

Hi Alex,

Has the devices been discoverd by whatch gold,If yes then try configure snmp-server enable traps snmp in switch and then see are you getting traps or not.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

If helpful do rate the post

Scotland1314 Wed, 05/05/2010 - 02:05

Thank you my friend, What's up gold has discovered the devices, and

I have now input the command you suggested, I will report back on whether it works now or not.

Once again Thanks.

Actions

This Discussion