Views
Helpful
Replies

vpn connected but can't access remote lan

donnie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

My colleague can establish vpn using his cisco vpn client version5 to the remote cisco pix firewall. However he is not able to access remote lan. I tried his vpn profile as well as his username and password and was able to establish vpn as well as access the remote lan. I did a comparison of ipconfig and route print on both PCs after establishing vpn and there is nothing wrong. Pls advise how i can do bebugging on the remote firewall to find out what is wrong. Thks in advance.

1 Reply 1

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi don

Are you able to ping the internal resources once you are connected using VPN client? have you tried the same with your friends pc as well ?

what about the reverse connection from the remote lan to the pc, are you able to ping the pc ip once its connected to the remote vpn.

what about the OS and AV installations in the pcs ? is there any specific FW/HIPS sw installed in any of these pcs?

regds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: