Views
Helpful
Replies

UCSM wishlist

josef.venzhofer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I would like to ask you if there is some wishlist for future UCS Manager features?

I have some of those in my mind and there's no place to post them.

For example see these:

• moving and copying of objects between sub-organizations (let's say I want to have similar, but different, policies in different sub-orgs and don't want to recreate them from scratch in each sub-org) - it would definitely save some time while implementing
  • renaming objects - most of object cannot be renamed as the name is probably a primary key in UCSM's DB, in such a case you have to delete the object and create a new one (can you imagine something like this for a VLAN used in production?)
  • server BMC IP adress would be part of the service profile (let's say you are using DPM in the VMware DRS cluster, there's no other way to wake up the blade than to use IPMI. But what if you move the service profile? Then the the DPM could accidentaly shutdown different blade than it should!)
  • the pin groups can't have more than one port on each fabric (in multi-tenant environment with separated LAN and SAN clouds for each tenant this would be helpful a lot until there is no way to port channel the FC uplinks - CVD for multi-tenant environment assumes all the infrastructure including LAN and SAN is multi tenant as well)

These are only a few of many ideas which are out there so it would help to have some way how to tell those to UCSM developers.

If there is please let me know about it, I haven't found any yet.

Thanks Josef

3 Replies 3

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

Josef, this is great feedback.

The best would be to work with your cisco account team / sales team and put those in as enhancement request. Raising a business case is useful.

I just relayed your wish list to product management for their input.

----

Please support CSC Helps Haiti

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8895

https://supportforums.cisco.com

Josef, I can go ahead and file an enhancement for this.

Do you have access to TAC, to open a TAC case? This will help for the enhancement request.

Please let me know.

Will be nice to have these too:

1.- Memtest86+ integrated in UCS since PnuOS now boots from vMedia in 2.0 i think it will be feasible.

2.- Get Service Profile CIMC MAC Address from a Pool to be fully stateless with VMware DPM feature.

3.- A way to export all Serial Numbers from parts in a UCS Cluster with SKUs.

Regards

Luis Lozano

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card