Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS VPN Provider edge DESIGN

cm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I  would like to design the MPLS VPN for a Corporation with around current estimate 500+ to eventual maximum of  1500 agencies or branches around The Corporation will own all the infrustucture has already been allocated fiber and leased line trunk to carry to interconnect the all the cities. At the organisation plans to offer Multiservice products to it agencies in several cities around the country  AS SEEN IN THE DIAGRAM... The services that will be offered will be data, voice and video. Issues such as end to end QOS and SLA will be an issue because of voice and video traffic .All the agencies should be able to to communicate to each other either by Voip or video as well as carry out inter-branch data transactions.

My Challenge

The challenge is find suitably placed routers on the Provider edge and Provider router.I would want to contain the costs to minimum and would prefer to use 3800 routers or 2800 routers where possible instead of the 7600 series and above at the Provider Edge and Provider routers NOT customer edge. What would I need to do to make this happen what series ? if it not what is the best routers I can employ in the design above both on the Provide edge and Customer edge...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The sizing of the box depends on many parameters like:

- The thoughput you want to support

- Number of interfaces

- Type of interfaces

- feature required

- Redundancy level

- Size of the routing table

- Number of VRF

Based on the number of sites per PE, the ASR1k could be a good candidate:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps9343/index.html

HTH

Laurent.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The sizing of the box depends on many parameters like:

- The thoughput you want to support

- Number of interfaces

- Type of interfaces

- feature required

- Redundancy level

- Size of the routing table

- Number of VRF

Based on the number of sites per PE, the ASR1k could be a good candidate:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps9343/index.html

HTH

Laurent.

Thanks alot Laurent. So it for me to get the right Cisco IOS and ASR 1000 series. then I m ready to go?. Its not complicated a network.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: