I realize this is just a small business switch, basically a rebranded Linksys, but I'm out of ideas as to why I'm only getting 200Mbits/s
- 48 port - 10/100/1000 , set to standalone mode
- 3 separate PCs on this switch , all are fast machines with Core 2 duo / plenty of RAM etc...
- all 3 auto-sense 1Gbps connection
I use iperf tool for bandwidth testing and no matter which PC I pick as server, which as client I get about 150 to 250Mbits/s
I am not looking for full 1000 here, but 200 seems rather sad....
- jumbo frames seem to make no difference
- I am using TCP test in iperf , standard no extra flags , 10 seconds, 20 seconds or even 30 seconds all come out the same.
- wiring is shady as some of it is just Cat5 , but when going from one laptop on the switch to another with brand new Cat6 cables I STILL only got 200.