cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forcing Fax Machine to Use Specific Line

PlayvalueToys
Level 1
Level 1

We're hoping to hook our fax machine up to our UC520.  We want to set it up so that incoming calls on that line go directly to the fax machine, I know how to do that.  I also want the fax machine to only use our dedicated fax line.  Could you please let me know how to set the UC520 up so that it only uses our fax PSTN line.  Also, do I need to do anything special since this is a pulse based line, not a tone based line.  All of our other pstn lines are tone.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Check out the section "Configuring Trunk Groups" in the CCA Admin Guide for instructions on how to configure specific trunk groups and dialing patterns:

http://www.cisco.com/go/configassist

For changing to pulse dialing on the FXO port you will need to use CLI:

UC500(config)#voice-port 0/1/0
UC500(config-voiceport)#dial-type ?
  dtmf   touch-tone dialer
  mf     mf-tone dialer
  pulse  pulse dialer

Marcos

Hi Marcos,

Thanks for the help.  I setup a fax line trunk group.  I then proceeded to setup outbound dial plans duplicating the current ones except for using the prefix 8 instead of 9, and using the fax line trunk group.  When I dial out, the number starts to dial and then it automatically hangs up before making the call.

Do you know what could be causing this?  I've attached a filtered version of our config.

Thanks,

Reid

I see that the dial-peers that have destination-pattern starting with "8" are in "shutdown" state. Please issue a "no shutdown" under these dial peers and try again.

Thanks,

Marcos