cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I can not remove a username using CW LMS v3.2 RME v4.3.1

THOMAS CARROLL
Level 1
Level 1

I need to use, or want to use CiscoWorks ver 3.2 RME ver 4.3.1 to update many devices where there are local usernames configured. I can not seem to update a configuration by removing a username. I can however add usernames? Whenever I modify a configuration file, then try to deploy, a error pop up message shows.CEDT0031: No command is available to download for the device 110-3560-StockRoom-1. Remove the device from job and try again. I guess my question is....CAN I USE RME to modify configurations files by deleting a username?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sure.  Create a new Netconfig job (under RME > Config Mgmt > Netconfig > Netconfig Jobs) using the Credential > Local Username template.  Select to remove the username, then enter the username you want to remove.

As an alternative, you can create an Adhoc Netconfig job with the command:

no username USER

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sure.  Create a new Netconfig job (under RME > Config Mgmt > Netconfig > Netconfig Jobs) using the Credential > Local Username template.  Select to remove the username, then enter the username you want to remove.

As an alternative, you can create an Adhoc Netconfig job with the command:

no username USER

Thanks...I was able to create a netconfig job and puch out my changes. The "test" device I was using must have gotten hung up or something...What I did was update the device inventory, ran a quick ad-hoc and then I was good to go. Thanks for responding.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: