Views
Helpful
Replies

isdn bri layers problem

manivelengg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Im having cisco 3660 router and one isdn bri line for dialup purpose.I cant able to activate layer1 and layer2 in isdn bri.I changed bri card cables ane NT box but im getting the same deactivated message on all the layer.Whay may be the problem?

4 Replies 4

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Mani

Did you check your isdn line for the required volt? you need to make sure that isdn line is up, better check out with your local telco to make sure that your line is up and you are getting the required voltage to place a data call.

Also make sure you have data channel enabled on this isdn line, earlier days the telco dont seem to enable the data channel to use the line for data communication.

do check this and revert back, if you still not able to get the line up do post out your scenario which you are trying here with the isdn line.

regds

Hi

sorry for the late reply and many thanks for ur instant support

The problem has been resoved now.Actually the problem happened at Our ISP.Communiction not happened between our premises to our isp due to wrong pair.

Did you check your isdn line for the required volt?

That is an incorrect procedure. BRI circuits can only be tested with specific data tester, an ISDN phone, or router.

Hi Paul

Its a news for me now (on your remark about the volt testing), we are used to the traditional multimeter testing for the presence of a live volt in the isdn lines.

I suggested the same to Mani and its more popular esp back in India even your Telco's suggests to do that.

regds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card