cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QuickVPN and Windows 7

idhamilton
Level 1
Level 1

I know that this is a very common problem but by starting a new thread and rattling the cages, maybe someone at Cisco may take notice

QuickVPN does not work with Windows 7 - FIX IT

I have used QuickVPN 1.4.0.5 running on XP and Windows 7 on the same box and XP always works, Windows never does

I have used QuickVPN 1.4.0.5 running in an XP virtual machine and a Windows 7 Virtual machine and XP always works, Windows 7 never does.

I have read all the messages on this forum and none of them helped.

Clearly there is nothing wrong with my router(s) or ISP blocking ports etc etc since XP ALWAYS WORKS !!!!

I have to keep an XP virtual machine around just to run QuickVPN - I guess I should count myself as lucky.

At least I can get some work done!

1 Reply 1

adalex
Level 1
Level 1

First of all sorry for my English.

I had the same issue and finally solved it by installing the CISCO.VPN.Client.v5.0.04.0300 (the one which is used for routers like Cisco 877) additionally into my computer (QuickVpn and CiscoVPNClient).

I found this solution by "accident", because I had a Laptop with Windows 7 in my home, where Quicvpn was working perfect from the beginning.

Then I thought that the only deference was that I had installed first the CISCO.VPN.Client to establish a vpn connection to a different place. So I tried this procedure to a new laptop and it worked also.

Hope helping you for solving this headache to...