cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 licensing

Richard.Jeff
Level 1
Level 1

Have installed licenced version of lms 3.2 in a server and installed evaluated version of 3.2 in a virtual server. Is it possible to take the license from the server to the virtual server and if possible how to migrate?

1 Reply 1

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you want to move the license form the physical server to the virtual server, you need to have the original license file as provided by cisco (with a name similar to this: LMS20070201015953596.lic)

- Copy this file to your virtual server in any directory you want but NOT into NMSROOT\etc\licenses

- go to Common Services > Server > Admin > Licensing and point it to the file to license your installation

- logout and close all broser windows, relogin to LMS and you should have the virutal server licensed

If this is working remove the license from the physical server; I do not know if you want to keep the physical server running with the eval license. If yes, you can try the following procedure which definitley removes your license but I only assume that it will keep your eval license - I have never reverted a licensed installation to an eval...

on the physical LMS server go to NMSROOT\etc\licenses

- all files ending with .lic are plain text files

- KEEP only those xxx.lic files that does have a line like the following:

NOTICE="0 \

dummyPak" SIGN=77A562D42CF8

(there is no value between the tags and there is a "dummyPAK" between the tags)

- delete or move away the other xxx.lic files

- restart the LicenseServer with

pdterm LicenseServer

pdexec LicenseServer

- login to LMS an verify the result in Common Service > Server > Admin > Licensing

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: