cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Eigrp issues

Alphamonarchs
Level 1
Level 1

i work with an ISP and which have configured eigrp on some of their core routers though it is working normally, i have the following issues always reported to the console and am wondering what to do to correct it. i need expert idears.

the console message

MainRouter#
*May  6 12:15:31.444: IP-EIGRP(Default-IP-Routing-Table:18): Neighbor 44.221.3.252 not on common subnet for GigabitEthernet0/1

MainRouter#
*May  6 12:15:42.468: IP-EIGRP(Default-IP-Routing-Table:18): Neighbor 44.221.13.1 not on common subnet for GigabitEthernet0/1

asside that am wondering how to make the eigrp routes more preferable than our wirless canopy system which we are using as alternate to the routed network aside changing the bandwith of the eigrp interfaces.

please note that on the routers only the canopy network has been configured with a static route with an administrative distance of 150. thanks.

3 Replies 3

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This article should help you with the eigrp error:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080093f09.shtml

If your routes are statically set at 150, what does the preferred route look like in the routing table? EIGRP has an AD of 90, so 150 would be less preferred than that, which should mean that your eigrp routes will be preferred over the statics.

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Alphamonarchs
Level 1
Level 1

thanks very much John for the help.

the second issue with the routes is that the eigrp table converges well with the eigrp routes prefered over the radio canopy link but without the " ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 4.3.4.5 150 ", which is the only static route, connectivity goes down.

Are you wanting to send the default route, the canopy route, to all of your other routers?

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: