CUCCX 5.0(2) change clusters

Answered Question
May 6th, 2010

Hello,

I have two CUCCX 5.0(2) clusters homed to the same CUCM cluster.   I'm in the process of moving all scripts, prompts, agents, etc off of our old UCCX cluster and onto a newly built cluster.   Most of these users are using CAD.   My question is, what is the appropriate method of changing CAD on cut over day to point to the new cluster.   If at all possible, I would prefer not to have to re-install CAD on each agent's desktop.   Is there a CAD file I can edit on their PCs?   I'm also unclear if reinstalling CAD will work anyways because I believe the CAD files don't get removed from the PC during an un-install but I could be wrong.   I suppose my question also includes the correct procedures for the Supervisor desktop as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Glenn

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Jonathan Schulenberg about 6 years 7 months ago

The procedure is the same for CAD and CSD. Within the install directory will be a postinstall.exe application. Launching it (with CAD/CSD closed) will allow you to specify new CCX server IP addresses of the new cluster.

The one caveat to be aware of is if the existing CCX cluster is at a newer patch level than the new one you are installing (unlikely) CAD/CSD will not downgrade to match the new cluster version. If the reverse is true (new cluster has a higher patch level) the CAD auto-updater will kick off an update. If this happens and you have to revert back for some reason, you may need to uninstall and then install the CAD/CSD application manually. I would strongly recommend ensuring both custers are on the exact same version, including service release.

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
Jonathan Schulenberg Thu, 05/06/2010 - 07:00

The procedure is the same for CAD and CSD. Within the install directory will be a postinstall.exe application. Launching it (with CAD/CSD closed) will allow you to specify new CCX server IP addresses of the new cluster.

The one caveat to be aware of is if the existing CCX cluster is at a newer patch level than the new one you are installing (unlikely) CAD/CSD will not downgrade to match the new cluster version. If the reverse is true (new cluster has a higher patch level) the CAD auto-updater will kick off an update. If this happens and you have to revert back for some reason, you may need to uninstall and then install the CAD/CSD application manually. I would strongly recommend ensuring both custers are on the exact same version, including service release.

Actions

This Discussion