cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.1, AD Integration and DirSync

kbyrd
Level 2
Level 2

I have a new 3 server cluster, publisher (no Call Manager service) and 2 subscribers (running Call Manager service). Currently, I have the DirSync service running only on the publisher. From an HA perspective, is there a better strategy for how/where DirSync runs? Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don’t believe so. I believe you can have a second agreement setup as a redundant link to AD but I believe the intent is to run directly from the Publisher as it does the background work to verify authentication (if you enable that) and etc.

Hailey

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don’t believe so. I believe you can have a second agreement setup as a redundant link to AD but I believe the intent is to run directly from the Publisher as it does the background work to verify authentication (if you enable that) and etc.

Hailey

Just to expand on Hailey's post (+5 H).

Administration Guide for Cisco Unified CCX and Cisco Unified IP IVR, Release 7.0(1)

The sync agreement can have three LDAP servers.  This gives you redundancy for LDAP failures.  If the CUCM Pub should fail, it wouldn't make any sense to synchronize LDAP data to the subscribers because the Cisco Informix database cannot be changed by the subscribers (aside from user facing features).  That being said, authentication would still work.  The subscribers will use LDAP to authenticate a user in the event the publisher is offline.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Are you sure about that? If using DirSync for authentication and the Publisher being down, authentication would not work. The Subscriber doesn't even have the DirSync service. I had this happen to a customer just the other day.