cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Programming buttons on a 7915

apedder123
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a user with a 7962 with a 7915 working a reception desk, running off of a UC520.

I've set it up with CCA, but I don't get any labels appearing on the buttons on the 7915. The buttons do work as speed dials - you just don't know who you are going to get!

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Adam

8 Replies 8

What CCA version are you using?

2.2(1)

Adam

Is it possible for you to try with the latest CCA?

Marcos

Tried that today.

CCA appears to work fine, just no labels on the sidecart.

Thanks,

Adam

HI,

Anyone got any ideas?

I found an old TAC case with similar symptoms that looked like it was tied to the firmware running on the 7915.  Can you check what firmware the 7915 is actually running by hitting the settings button on the phone and then navigating to Status > Firmware Versions and look down towards the bottom where it will list the firmware running on the expansion module.

Can you also tell us the software pack that you are running on the UC500.  If the 7915 is running old firmware, then there are two possibilities - the UC500 has old firmware on it, or the 7915 is not correctly loading the current firmware.  Knowing the UC500 software pack version will tell us which of those possibilities it is.

Cheers,

Dave.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, firmware is B015-1-0-1-9.

Software pack is 8.0.1.

Which if I'm reading it right means the phone isn't updating?

Adam

Current firmware for the 7915 is 1.0.4, so the version you have is pretty old.  Since you are using a reasonably current software pack, I agree that it is likely that more current firmware is present but the module is not updating correctly.  There's a couple of different approaches now depending on how urgent this is.  The first is to log a support call and have an engineer get on the phone and troubleshoot this with you.  Alternatively, we can keep working this by means of this discussion thread, but it will likely take longer.

If you do want to continue working this here, then can you please first go to Maintenance > Phone Load Management in CCA and verify that you have the current version of 7915 firmware installed on the box.  Assuming you have, then please go to Troubleshoot > Telephony Diagnostics > Phone Debug Log, check the box for the phone that has the 7915, and apply debug.  Then reset the phone and when it comes up hit the Generate Troubleshooting Log button.  Attach that log to the thread and then we can see exactly what is happening.

If you don't use CCA but prefer CLI, then what you need to check is that up to date firmware is installed on the flash card and that there is a loads statement and tftp-server statement in the config pointing to that firmware.  Then gather a debug tftp event when you reset the phone.

Cheers,

Dave.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: