how to recovery the username and password for cisco2951 router?

Answered Question
May 6th, 2010
User Badges:

Need help here,, forgot to remove the one time username and password , and now I can not log into the router anymore. I try to do the password recovery . But I failed , because I can not get ino the rommon mode.. ctrl + break, is not working.

I tried securtCRT and Putty, same ... someone can help me with it?

thanks a lot!

Correct Answer by Ganesh Hariharan about 7 years 1 month ago

Need help here,, forgot to remove the one time username and password , and now I can not log into the router anymore. I try to do the password recovery . But I failed , because I can not get ino the rommon mode.. ctrl + break, is not working.

thanks a lot!

Hi,

Check out the below link for password recovery porcedure

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_password_recovery09186a0080094675.shtml

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Ganesh Hariharan Thu, 05/06/2010 - 22:41
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more
  • Community Spotlight Award,

Member's Choice, February 2016

thanks a lot!

Hi,

Check out the below link for password recovery porcedure

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_password_recovery09186a0080094675.shtml

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

paolo bevilacqua Sun, 05/09/2010 - 04:27
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Do not post linsk with /partner/ in it.

Most people will not be able to access them.

david_casey Sun, 05/09/2010 - 18:00
User Badges:

rubberheart wrote:

thanks a lot!

I've seen an issue like this with some types of USB-to-Serial adapters (specifically Belkin ones).  I chalked the problem up to a driver issue but was never able to resolve it.  In the end I simply bought a different brand of adapter and never had the problem again.

In short, if you're using a USB-to-Serial adapter, try using a different brand if one is available.

Dave

Actions

This Discussion