cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS VPN and Internet in the same network

drojasug33
Level 1
Level 1

I've read about the option to offer vpn and internet services in the same MPLS network.

The question is if I offer both services to one client, using the same CE, does both of them have the same bandwidth.

I'm going to give and example to explain myself better.

I have a client with two vpn sites. He wants a VPN with 10 Mbps,  but also he wants to be able to access the Internet. Does the Internet access hast to be 10Mbps too? Can I have different bandwidths?

I'm planning to set the bandwith using generic traffic shaping in the CE.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

It does not have to be the same 10Mbps.  On the same router you can use one physical interface for your VPN traffic and one for your Internet traffic.  You can also use one physical interface with 2 sub-interfaces one for VPN and one for Internet.

HTH

Reza

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

It does not have to be the same 10Mbps.  On the same router you can use one physical interface for your VPN traffic and one for your Internet traffic.  You can also use one physical interface with 2 sub-interfaces one for VPN and one for Internet.

HTH

Reza

The second one seems an interesting solution. The only thing is that I was planning to connect the clients to a switch and this s

witch to the core router. And then use vlans and subinterfaces to connect all the clients to 1 physical interface in th

e core router. But I think your solution might work. Im going to think about it.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Daniel

-------------

I've already tried your idea. Works really well. Thanks a lot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: