Views
Helpful
Replies

Accessing Mobile Voice Access feature from Avaya

esther.tan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

I have a requirement from client on mobile voice access.

From what I understand, Mobile Voice Access allows user to make calls from their mobile phone as though they are making calls out from their extension.

My client has a Avaya system which is linked to their callmanager via QSIG, and they want to allow their Avaya users to call the Cisco mobile voice access number from their Avaya phone, to make external calls.  It should appears to the external party that they are calling from their Avaya extension which the call is actually routed out by Cisco using mobile voice access feature.

Is this workable and configurable?

*Client doesn't want to use TEHO as it will involve more configuration at Avaya and Cisco system.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Esther,

I can see where this configuration could potentially be problematic.  With MVA, there will be a requirement to associate Cisco DN's with remote desintations which are typically limited to PSTN numbers and ICT numbers.  In addition, MVA using call forking which means that every call via MVA is actually 2 calls...in a large environment, this can eat up PSTN resources quickly.  From my POV, I think you will find that the additional work required to set up RDP's and the additional resource hit on PSTN trunks outweighs the desire to not do some additional configuration between CUCM and Avaya.  If I were you, I'd set up tandem trunks (which you already have via QSIG) and simply allow Avaya users access to route calls out the CUCM PSTN trunks as-needed.

With that said, what is it that you think you'll be gaining from this configuration vs. what you would need to do to set up on CUCM and Avaya (and what do you not have configured now if you already have QSIG tandem trunks?)

Take a look at the full requirements for MVA here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmfeat/fsmobmgr.pdf

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Thanks Hailey.

Well, the client wants this feature although we have suggested the method where Avaya users call out using Cisco trunk via QSIG. Mainly because we don't maintain their Avaya system, and for us to administer anything on their Avaya system will be a cost to the client.  At the moment, the only setup is to allow Avaya users to call Cisco users via the QSIG (which we charge of course).

Can Cisco recognise the Avaya extension number as the remote destination number? I know that it accepts mobile number, land number and ICT numbers.