Views
Helpful
Replies

H-REAP mode and roaming with CCX version3

franpena2008
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

Anybody could me refer to some documentation about how clients ccx and ccx v3 connect to aps in h-reap mode and roaming with security psk or peap?

thnks all

Fran

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Errr ... I don't see the correlation between CCX and H-REAP or CCX and Wireless Security.  Care to explain what you are trying to achieve?

We have ccx and ccx v3 clients.

I have been checking the features for direfent versions related to roaming and security:

Mobility
v1v2v3v4v5ASD
AP-assisted roaming
X
X
X
X
X
Fast 802.1X reauthentication via Cisco Centralized Key Management (CCKM)
See note 1
    With LEAP
X
X
X
X
See note 1
    With EAP-FAST
X
X
X
See note 1
    With PEAP-GTC
X
X
    With PEAP-MSCHAP
X
X
    With EAP-TLS
X
X
optional
Status/result code Interpretation
X
X

We have some clients using PEAP with a radius server and other PSK and would like to know if in H-REAP mode

when APs have lost conenction to WLC

if posible for clients still authenticate by PEAP (i dont think so), I think by PSK there will be no authentication problem but what about the roaming?

Roaming work same way in HREAP? or depending the ccx version of the clients?

Sorry about so bad explanation...

Fran

Roaming and H-REAP are two separate things.  H-REAP stands for Hybrid Remote Edge AP.  It's very good if the link between your office and your WLC is a slow WAN link.  H-REAP allows the AP to operate when the WAN link to the WLC fails.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card