Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH issue when hold second time

Nguyen KeThuc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everybody,

I am using Cisco CallManager 6.1.3. My Ip Phones are working properly. MOH function is enable. If I hold a call first time, the MOH is ok. But If I continue to hold the call second time, the caller doesn't hear any thing (silent).

Any ideas for me?

Thanks,

Thuc

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Does the third time work, and the fourth result in silence?

It sounds to me like:

- You have multicast MoH configured?

- You have either no MRGs/MRGLs configured, or you have two or more MoH servers in a single MRG?

- When you go on hold the first time, one (working) MoH server is playing the audio, then the second time the MoH is being selected from a different MoH server, and the Mcast traffic is not reaching your handset.

Can you confirm your MRG/MRGL setup?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi,

- Third or fourth time is same. Sometime is ok.

- The multicast MOH is not enable.

- yes, I configured three MOH servers in one MRG/MRL

Any ideas for me

Hi

1) Create a new MRG called 'test' with all three servers in it. This just stops the MOH servers becoming available in the default pool when you do step 2:

2) Remove two MoH servers from the pool and retest a few times. See whether the situation changes.

3) Remove the current MoH server from the pool, and add another MoH server. See what happens

4) Finally try the last MoH server in the pool on it's own. See what happens.

Hopefully at this point you'll find that one or more of your MoH servers is unable to stream audio to the phones for some reason.

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron,

I had this same issue and it looks like the culprit was a secondary MOH server.  I verifiied this by switching out the  MOH servers  in the MRG to single out the bad one.  Once this was identified, I just took this one out of the MRG allowing for the callers to hear the MOH from the same server instead of switching back and forth from the good one to the bad one every time the callers were put on hold.

Glad you have it sorted - even if it did take 3 years ;-)

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

Do all the servers have all the MoH audio sources you are using? The file needs to be uploaded to each server.

Is the MoH server registered on all servers it is enabled on, maybe it is hung and needs to restarted if the MoH file is there.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: